Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Road to Ruin Addendum

Expanded Edition

The big addition to this album are the "Rock 'n' Roll High School" soundtrack songs. Aside from the Ed Stasium cut of the title track, you also get "I Want You Around" (which I hate..), and the mini-concert that was performed in the movie. The mini-concert includes "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Teenage Lobotomy", "California Sun", "Pinhead", and "She's the One". I think this mini-concert is the only official live release of "She's the One", and the guys play the songs without much pause so you're getting a small taste of what a concert might of been like. You also get demos of "Come Back, She Cried A.K.A. I Walked Out", and "Yea, Yea", but those have been available on previous compilations.

Album Length

All time references are based on my iTunes tracklist.

# of Tracks: 12 (original), 17 (Expanded)

Album Length: 31.1 min (original), 52 min (Expanded)
Shortest Track: "I'm Against It" - 2:07
Longest Track: "Questioningly" - 3:22 (original)/ Mini-Concert - 11:00 (Expanded)

The mini-concert includes "Blitzkrieg Bop", but due to it being one whole track and not separated tracks, I can only guess that it starts around 0:15 and ends on 2:14-2:15, which makes it about two minutes in length, thus being the average run time for "Blitzkrieg Bop" in this era.

No comments:

Post a Comment